At Mickfield Evangelical Church we see our main objective as preparing people to be disciples.
Matt. 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,”
Our fellowship is made up of the very young to the very old with all ages in between, it is also blessed with people who are wonderfully gifted to face the exciting challenges of a growing church. We enjoy a genuine oneness in Christ, resulting in a great sense of belonging to the local church family, this we see as a real strength of the fellowship.
We also recognise that God has given us the responsibility of preparing children and young people for life, some of whom are likely to leave the area for university and employment else where, we therefore see ourselves as a ‘Green House Church’ where an ideal environment is provided for healthy growth and preparation for planting out.
Building on the concept of a greenhouse and the strong sense of belonging to the church family, we propose with God’s help to achieve the following vision.
Provide the right ingredients for new life.
- It is God alone who brings new life. 1Cor.3:6
- Faith in Christ is the only means of that new life. John 14:6, Acts 16:31.
- Declaring the gospel is at the centre of this provision. Rom.1:16
Provide the right environment to foster new life.
- Sound Bible based teaching from an early age. 2Tim.4:2
- Good training for those responsible for teaching. Eph.4:11-12.
- Prayerful and practical support for families.Deut.6:7
Provide the right growing opportunities.
- An atmosphere of openness where questions can be asked. Acts 1:6
- An atmosphere of encouragement with opportunities to serve.1Thes.5:11
- An atmosphere of support where failure is not condemned.1Thes.5:14
Provide guidance and support in Christian service.
- Cultivating a missionary mindset in the fellowship.Matt.9:38
- Providing advice and guidance in areas of service. Pro.19:20
- Serving the Kingdom and not just our fellowship. Col.1:13